It is time to start thinking about how you want to decorate for Halloween. I love Halloween and I want to incorporate some decorations with a vintage look this year. We get very creative with napkins here at The Shabby Tree and I recently found the perfect napkin in Tuesday Morning for Halloween crafts. This napkin will allow me to create a fun Halloween decoration with a vintage look.
The supplies that I’ll be using are:
1. One napkin with a cat face ( I got this napkin from Tuesday Morning)
2. One wooden leg from Home Depot
3. One wooden ball top finial from Home Depot
4. Hot glue
7. Americana acrylic black paint by DecoArt
8. Americana acrylic Spiced Pumpkin paint by DecoArt
9. Paint brush
10. Fine gold glitter
11. Black chenille ribbon ( I got this from Hobby Lobby)
12. Small party hat from the Dollar Tree
13. Small bottle of Elmer’s glue
I purchased both wooden items from Home Depot. You will want to remove the screw from the wooden leg.
Once you have the screw removed from the leg you’ll then screw the wooden ball finial into the leg.
I painted the top section black but you can paint it with spiced pumpkin.
You will want to alternate the Black and Spiced Pumpkin on the leg.
You will want to cut one of the cat faces out of the napkin.
I decided to add some of the Spiced Pumpkin over the black before adding the cat face.
I decided to add the Spiced Pumpkin so that the face can have an outline of orange going around it. You will use the decoupage to apply the cat face.
Once I had the face on I then added more black paint.
I used the Elmer’s glue to add the glitter.
I glued the black chenille ribbon around the bottom of the party hat.
You will glue the party hat to the top of the head.
This was very easy to make and will look great mixed in with my Halloween decor. I hope you will get creative and give this a try.