It is time to start thinking about Spring and Easter and how you want to decorate. The stores are starting to put out all of their Easter decorations and I recently picked up some large paper mache eggs from Hobby Lobby. I want to get creative and give the paper mache egg a makeover.
The supplies I will be using are :
1. One large paper mache egg ( I purchased the egg from Hobby Lobby)
2. Exacto knife or box cutter
3. Paint brush
4. Paint ( I’m using the color Sea Breeze by DecoArt)
5. Glitter ( I’m using the color silver peacock)
6. Elmer’s glue
7. Spanish moss
8. Small chick ( I purchased the chick from Hobby Lobby)
I used a piece of paper to create a pattern for the hole that I want to cut out of the egg. You can just draw your hole or trace a pattern.
I traced my oval pattern onto the egg and then I used an exacto knife to cut it out.
You can sand the edge or leave as is.
Once I had my hole cut out I then painted the inside and outside of my egg.
Once I had my egg completely covered I then added glitter around the edge.
I added Spanish moss and a small decorative chick inside the egg.
This was so easy to make and there are so many different ways to get creative with it. I hope you will have fun and give this makeover a try.